Now that your device is jailbroken, you can SSH into it to transfer and edit files. SSHing will give you full access to all the files stored on your device. Before we proceed with the tutorial let’s see what SSH or Secure Shell is: a cryptographic network protocol for secure data communication, remote command-line login, remote command execution, and other secure network services between two networked computers that connects, via a secure channel over an insecure network, a server and a client (running SSH server and SSH client programs, respectively).
Jump over the break to learn how to SSH into your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch…
1. A jailbroken iOS device – learn how to jailbreak your device here.
2. FileZilla - works on both Mac and Windows ( or any other SFTP client )
HOW TO: ( note: the process is exactly the same on both Mac OS X and Windows )
1. Download FileZilla and install
2. On your iOS device, load Cydia and install OpenSSH
3. !!! IMPORTANT !!! once OpenSSH is installed, you need to change your root and mobile passwords. Learn why and how to do it here.
4. Make sure your iOS device is on the same WiFi network as your computer and load FIleZilla
5. In the upper right corner complete the fields ( as shown in the screenshot below ):
- Host: your device’s IP address ( see Settings>Wifi )
- Username: root
- Password: your new password ( see step 3 )
- Port: 22
6. Click on “Quickconnect”. You will be prompted with a message. Click OK ( you can also tick the box where it says ”always trust this host” so you won’t be prompted with this message every time you SSH into your device – also you can add this connection to your FileZilla’s favorites for quick access )
7. In a few seconds you will be connected to your device.
8. That’s it. You’re done. Now just be careful. Deleting stuff may result in bricking your device. On the other hand it can also help you unbrick your device. ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR FILES !
Click For More...